Monday, August 31, 2009

Best Description: Pedestrian


Even I have to admit Favre looked fine tonite, if not a little boring. I would assume that's what Minnesota wants out of Brett Favre: to be a game manager. I just don't believe for a second that's what Brett Favre will grow accustomed to being. He never did it in Green Bay, not in 16 years and not in one year with the Jets. The two things I would be most fearful of if I was a Minnesota fan is the fact that Favre is positively getting his ass kicked in the pocket and the fact that Brett Favre is positively getting his ass kicked out of the pocket. The dude is 17 years in the league, and can touch 40 with his nose hairs. Will this be the first season Favre doesn't finish due to injury?

Favre's numbers:
13/18 - 142 yds - 1 TD - 0 INTs
QB Rating: 113.66

2 comments:

  1. Three words...

    Ravens. Steelers. Packers.

    While the Vike's schedule starts out very light, those are the week 6, 7 and 8 opponents, latter two on the road. I'd say the over/under on number of weeks until he's injured is 7.5

    He does however get a well-timed bye for week 9, and they're back-to-back on the cushy side with Lions and Seahawks. But then, I wouldn't be surprised if during the bye week, he changes his mind & re-re-retires.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very reasonable line of thinking, but I was hoping for more like next week.

    All kidding aside, I'm no Favre fan but I'd rather not see him injured. Trouble is, he'll be playing until he's eligible for Medicare if he continues to play full, uninjured seasons.

    ReplyDelete