Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Mangini on Favre's Finger-Pointing

Eric Mangini lost his job because Brett Favre played the entire season in New York with one foot in Minnesota. I think at this point - to everyone who is thinking and seeing things clearly - that much is crystal. So what did Mangini say when asked about Favre's back-pedal on his failure in New York as due to injury that the staff knew about?

"I don't think any of us played as well as we could have," Mangini said.  "What I do think is, I could have done a better job coaching.  I think the staff could have done a better job coaching.  I never look at success or failure as an individual thing. It was cumulative thing. We won games together. We lost games together. There were things that we could improve during that stretch that would have really helped us.""

Professional. Non-inflammatory. TAKING BLAME where it's warranted. God, I would love to be a fly on the wall when Mangini reflects on middle-naming his son "Brett." 

Read it for yourself

(PHOTO: LA Times)

No comments:

Post a Comment